Running from January 17th through March 11th, 2017
It is open to children in grades K through 12 who reside in the Library service area (Borough of Nazareth, Bushkill Township, Lower Nazareth Township, and Upper Nazareth Township).
- Entries must be original. The ideas, words and pictures must be your own, not copied from anywhere else.
- Please leave at least 1 ½” margin on the sides of your entry.
- Do not fasten your pages together (no glue or staples, paper clips are recommended).
- Entries should be at least 12 pages of story.
- Text can be handwritten or typed. In the K-2 category only, an adult may assist with the words but please do not change words or improve the text.
- Please use non-smear markers, crayons or any permanent medium for illustrations. No photographs are allowed.
- Paper should not exceed 8 ½ x 11 inches and should be durable and unlined. Cover page should be made of regular paper with at least a ½” margin all the way around. COVER PAGE MUST BE THE SAME SIZE AS THE INSIDE OF THE BOOK! PLEASE SUBMIT 2 COPIES OF THE FINISHED BOOK.
- A title page is required.
- Entries should be submitted in a large, flat envelope or securely paperclipped and should not be folded. Make sure your name and phone number is on your entries.
- Authors will be honored at a reception Tuesday April 11, 2017 during National Library Week.
Printable rules are available here.